Women's Maternity Everyday Bellaband
- 84% Nylon, 16% Spandex
- Pull On closure
- Machine Wash
- FIT & STYLE: Allows you to wear your unbuttoned pre-pregnancy pants longer (and no one has to know)! Features ultra-soft & tagless band with stay-put silicone strip that holds everything into place.
- STAGES: Supports you from 1st Trimester through Postpartum. The versatile Bellaband stretches and recovers to its original shape, adjusting to your changing body throughout every stage of pregnancy.
- FABRIC / CARE INSTRUCTIONS: 84% Nylon / 16% Spandex - Machine wash warm gentle cycle with like colors. Only non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Do not iron.
- OUR UNCONDITIONAL COMMITMENT: For every piece we make at Ingrid & Isabel, we design with, on, and for moms. This commitment is our way of letting you know we understand you and living up to that responsibility empowers us to design for you.
- U.S. PATENTS: 7,181,775; 7,676,852; 8,191,177; 8,276,216
I love these. I bought a black and white one from the Ingrid website a few months ago. I bought two more in white this time and couldn't be happier with them. Don't get a knock off, you'll end up frustrated. They hold up my prepregnancy jeans all day long with no problems. I can sit, stand, bend over and I don't have to mess with them or readjust. It doesn't seem to get stretched out over repeated uses either. I place the silicone band around my hips, hike the top up under my bra and it covers the totally unzipped portion so I can slip a shirt on over. It looks like a tank top under my maternity tees or other shirts. The only thing you have to watch for is that (for me personally) a very smooth fitted pre pregnancy shirt would probably allow the sillouhette underneath where your pants are open to be slightly visible. The ruching of any fitted maternity shirt or any longer loose shirt hides it entirely.
Love the band, but it's so tight!! I am normally (pre-pregnancy) a size 6 (5'7" and 145 lbs), and I bought this band in size 1. When I was in my first months, before I had a bump, it fit well, but now that I'm 5 months pregnant, it cuts my breath. I imagine a size 1 would only fit someone who was a size 0-2 before getting pregnant. Considering that size 1 was very very tight, I bought a size 2, and it's significantly more generous and fits well. The difference between size 1 and 2 is pretty large, too. The size chart is really off for pregnancy sizes, which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars. However, the band itself is great. The silicone edge that really helps to keep it up. And the fact that it's not so stretchy helps to keep it in place.
I use it to keep some of my maternity pants in place, as the elastic band on the maternity pants is usually weak and the pants tend to sag down. This band keeps my pants up :)